Sunday, 12 June 2016

The “enormous” varsity world experience. By: Pule Letshwiti



The “enormous” varsity world experience.

 

Who said 3 months was never enough to make and break with people of different backgrounds? Well my question was surely answered by my life experiences in university. There are days whereby I’ve enjoyed and there are days…*sigh* well days whereby I encountered emotional break downs. I’ve always taught myself how to pick up the pieces and build a new phase that would prepare me for more future incoming varsity tribulations.

The main objective was to obviously excel in my school work and get a degree, well duh… yes that’s a cliché everyone is here for that but what other adventures are they? As I started contemplating, Lucifer threw me with one of his favourite cards, the “temptation” card. All the beautiful ladies approaching and “macking” on my character that I portrayed, wait a minute did I just say ladies? Well yes all that, young people being wild and free, alcohol distributions, but most importantly an 80% proportion of young lives that hadn’t yet figured out the real meaning to life.

With the first few weeks of school having passed by, we were introduced to our lectures and school facilities. To be honest most of the time I wasn’t paying attention to anything that was said to us, I was just focusing on “when do we start”? Oh, yes - speed does kill but the influential power of the mind just kept on driving me to speed even more. Furthermore after all this introduction sessions had been done, finally the moment of fellowshipping with others had arrived. I didn’t know anyone but by the end of the day I went home with twelve contacts *laughs* yes the power lies in the tongue indeed.

Nevertheless the twelve contacts I had acquired turned out to be my friends whom to me I would call a cheaper by the dozen family. My daily life of university has been a test drive to prepare me for a future full of trials and tribulations. With everyday being a life lesson, I try to rectify it through the voices of advice I receive from my lectures, peers and of course the old folks who work within the school premises. The enormous varsity experience has built me as a young man but most importantly gave birth to my conscious that there’s always a why? Therefore know why you in university and what are you trying to achieve. When having figured the answer I would’ve mentally unlocked the plan to building a castle from the foundation of the enormous varsity life.  

 

-Pule Letshwiti 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!Amazing writing skills, I could actually relate to that.keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete